One Redhead's Blog About All Things Makeup, Fashion And Beauty Related

One Redhead's Blog About All Things Makeup, Fashion And Beauty Related

Monday 12 April 2010

The Body Shop's Oil Free Balancing Foundation SPF 15!


I love pretty much all things from The Body Shop so I thought I would give this foundation a try. As the weather is getting so much better and my blemishes are a lot less than they were I thought I would try a more medium coverage rather than a full one.
The first thing that attracted me to this foundation was the fact that it was oil free! Perfect as I have been suffering from a few spots lately and the colour was a pretty perfect match as well. Once I had put it on, it did give decent coverage whilst providing a natural finish but without caking. But sadly this foundation just didn't seem to want to stay on! During the day it kept rubbing off leaving me with patches of non-foundation and by the end of the day my face was all shiny! Not the matte finish I had been expecting. It was a nice lightweight foundation but I felt for me it didn't last all day. It cost around £12.00 which isn't bad but unfortunately this is one foundation I probably won't be buying again which is a shame because I generally find all other products from The Body Shop to be fab!

Anybody else tried this product? Did you love it or loathe it? Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought!

Love and Tickles

Ruthie

XOXOX


3 comments:

  1. This was the first Body Shop foundation that I bought and I found it to be the same as what you have written! Plus I was advised by the sales assistant to get a shade four and I got home to find that it was bright orange in natural light! They wouldn't let me return it. But I have been using the Moisture foundation in shade two for about a year now, it is my favourite foundation. It tops my old favourite Lancome Teint Idole because the Body Shop one never makes me break out! Great coverage, stays on all day and I love how it looks :) Its not too oily either, as long as you set it with powder when you apply it and then if you're very oil-conscious top up the powder again at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liana,

    Thanks for your comment!
    I think I'll definately try what you've suggested!

    Thanks

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame about this foundation I usually love Body Shop makeup too!

    May
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments lovelies!